5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 5:49 PM by flyaway79 RSS

Configuration problem

flyaway79

All of a sudden when I tried to connect using my ipad I was asked for a password. I got past that by using 'admin' however, now when I try to connect it says "this box is currently unconfigured.  Please configure this box using Slingbox setup and try again."

Where do I do that?  When I sign into my account it says all my functions are working properly.

What do I do now to get connected?

• Re: Configuration problem
          callanish Apprentice

My first reaction would be to try to connect to your slingbox with another device to see if its more than just an ipad issue. If that doesn't work, give your slingbox / router/ cable modem a reboot and try connecting to it again. Just know that when you sign into your account and it says everything is working perfectly fine, that's not always the case. I couldn't connect in the past and it also said everything was fine, so don't just buy into sling's everything is fine notification. It could just be a temporary slingmedia issue, but if you try it again, let's say tomorrow and you've managed to verify that you've got the same issue with something else other than the ipad, then it's time to go to your sling setup and see if you can sign in directly within your LAN and try getting into the sling setup steps. If for some reason you hit a brick wall somewhere, then I'm afraid it's time to do a hard reset on your slingbox and re-run the setup from scratch. It's possible that something could have gotten corrupted on your slingbox with all these new firmware updates sling are throwing around lately.

• Re: Configuration problem
            flyaway79

Thank you so much!  Everything is working great now!