7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 9:12 AM by stanley.sling RSS

SlingPlayer on Android

j5peters

My  SlingPlayer for Android uses a remote that does not work in conjunction with my Slingbox Solo.  All works well on my PC, but on Android it does not allow me to change channels via the remote or the guide.  Any suggestions?

• Re: SlingPlayer on Android
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey j5peters,

Thanks for posting! There are a few things that I would like for you to try. First, I would recommend that you uninstall the application and reinstall to make sure that it is up to date. Second, check to see if your Slingbox is setup for internet viewing. You can do so at setup.slingbox.com. If it shows it is not setup completely, you may need to port forward the Slingbox IP address to allow access through your router. To assist with this, you can go to portforward.com.

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team

j5peters

Thanks.

Will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks !

Joe Peters

Sent via my mobile device

msowen

I am having the same problem of not being able to change channels. I re-ran the setup of internet viewing with no problems reported. when that didn't work i opened port 5001 for both tcp and udp. Still no ability to change channels....

bfgoddard

The people at Slingbox have to update their software for many new cable boxes.  For example, the newest HD boxes frpm Comcast require the user to enter "ok" after entering the desired channel.  If I want to change the channel to 909 I can select the that channel from the "Guide" but i them need to bring up the "remote" and go the left and tap "Ok".  If you make a mistake the only way to fix it is to close the App and start again.

Mitch6

Every since the last update on the android playstore. The Slingbox app just gets hungup on attempting to connect. I have logged out, uninstalled reinstalled, and same resultes everytime. Playing off the computer its's flawless but there is no way to stream to a roku on a computer. Is there anyone else having the same issue or no a fix? Running version 2.9.2

Thanks