7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 10:50 AM by ACC526519 RSS

Will the Bell Fibe TV remote be available soon?

kpaul

Hi, I'm wondering whether/when the remote for Motorola VIP2502 might become available.

• Re: Will the Bell Fibe TV remote be available soon?
          LenB

I have one of these and would also be interested to know if (or when) a remote might be available.

Thanx

alanrichey42 Master

Motorola VIP 1200 should work (follow the link)

ACC526519

No, the VIP1200 won't work.

I followed the link to the VIP1200 and the picture of the remote for that unit is identical to the remote for the VIP2262 unit which Bell Fibe installs as their standard wired unit.  The Code File for the  VIP2262 is already available on the SlingBox website under the Bell/Fibe offerings and I installed it and it doesn't work for my Slingbox Pro hooked up to my VIP2502.

The VIP2502 is the wireles unit which Bell/Fibe offers and it uses a completly different remote.

I have both the VIP2262 and the VIP2502 and the remotes are completely different and not interchangable.

So I'll repeat the request.  To Anyone fromSlingBox watching. Please make the VIP2502 availabel soon.  Bell is installing a ton of them so there should be a lot of people needing them.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, as I say in my instructions, just telling us it 'doesn't work' is very unhelful as it tells us nothing.   We need to know everything you are doing and what checks you have carried out.   Are you sure the IR Blaster is actually firing ?  Are you sure your device is not set to use a wireless RF remote rather than IR ? Are all the buttons enabled ?   Any error messages during installation?    The list goes on.....

ACC526519

Here is the remote for the VIP2502:

FIBE_REM_BLK_FV.jpg

And here is the remote for the wired unit:

MXv3_Remote.jpg

The remote installed by the binary at the link above is the same as the this wired unit and as you can see, it is completely different from the the 'Slim Remote' of the VIP2502.  They have different buttons.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, you misunderstand how the system works.   The image you see on the screen is absolutely irrelevant, it has nothing to do with the functionality of the remote.  The important file is the BIN file you download into your Slingbox, either by selecting a support device or loading a Custom Remote.   This is the file that translates the button press to the actual IR Code that needs to be sent.

Now, what happens when your player accesses the Slingplayer and checks the BIN file.  If Sling Media have 'linked' that file to an image they have designed then that is the image displayed.   But you can actually have any imgae, I have a Verizon FIOS remote image driving my UK Bush PVR.

If you install any of my Custom Remotes that have the code 2010 then it will display the basic generic remote image.

So forget the image, what you are trying to find is a BIN file, or supported device, that has the correct codes for your device.  Once you have found that, then you can worry about what the image looks like.

So please answer the questions in the ReadMe file in the Custom Remote I pointed you to.

ACC526519

Oh I see.  Ok, I'll give it another try.

When I saw that the picture from the downloaded binary was the same as the picture from the binary loaded by the Setup Wizard from the Slingbox site, I assumed it was the same thing.  So I didn't even try it since the other one didn't work and it is the picture of a device which I know doesn't work.

If the picture had been of a generic remote, then I definitely would have tried it, but the fact that it was an image of a specific device it lead me to believe that this file was specific to that device.

I'm not at home right now so I won't be able to try it again for a day or two but I'll let you know what happens.