4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 5:09 AM by wrighcl RSS

Slingplayer for Android - no video, no update

wrighcl

I have an HTC One with Android 4.3 and Slingplayer 1.0

I am unable to view slingplayer on the phone but audio and controls work well.

I am able to view on tablet, laptop & desktop.

I am not able to update the app to the newer version 2.6.1 and would like a way to update the product as I have bought it twice (phone & tablet).

Please advise.

• Re: Slingplayer for Android - no video, no update
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey  wrighcl,

I can certianly understand why you are asking this question! Unfortunately, this sounds like it may be an issue with the Google Play store. I would recommend contacting the Google Play store and see why it is not downloaded the newest update. The number to reach them is, 1-855-836-3987.

If you have any other questions, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, from 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: Slingplayer for Android - no video, no update
              wrighcl

Thanks for your response Anthony.

I understand the play store is to blame here; however, they are unable to

help as they tell me I purchased the product from Sling so I need to get

the solution from your company. Both parties point the finger at the

other.. and I as the consumer am left holding the bag.

I am not concerned as much about an update as I am having it function

properly as it always has. Slingplayer has always worked properly on

version 1.0 so lack of the update is not the problem to me. If the update

solves my problem though, I do not understand the push back. The message I

am getting is that although I purchased a product from a hardware/software

company the store is to blame for the product failing to operate as

described.

I have read about other users being sent a link to an update file. I asked

this question and have not received an answer yet. Please advise if I may

update the software through Sling.. and if not, why? Why is a paying

customer being told that it is my problem?

I appreciate your time looking into this and equally appreciate any support

you can provide to help solve the application failure.

Thanks Kindly,

Chris