1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2013 8:51 AM by anthony.sling RSS

low bitrate: 64 bit OS - 32 Bit browser

loriscafidi

I am trying to use the Watch option from a remote location.  I have two machines in the location.  One machine is running Windows 7 with a 32 Bit OS.  The other machine is running Windows 7 with a 64 Bit OS.  In both cases I am using 32 Bit IE (or Firefox) browsers.  My problem is that the bitrate on the 64 Bit machine is much worse (maybe 800 versus 3000) than the bitrate on the 32 Bit Machine. Both machines have plenty of RAM and download speed is fine.  I have three questions.

1.  Is it common for the 64 Bit OS to perform worse, even if I am using a 32 Bit browser?  Is there anything that can be done at the current time to fix the problem with my current OS?

2. Will there be support for the 64 Bit Windows 7 in the near future?

3.  Would loading a 32 Bit Windows 7 OS instead of the 64 Bit Windows 7 solve the problem?

Thanks for any help.  It is frustrating.

• Re: low bitrate: 64 bit OS - 32 Bit browser
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey loriscafidi,

Thanks for asking! The 64-bit Windows 7 operating system is supported as long as you are using a 32-bit web browser. I would recommend uninstalling the SlingPlayer plug-in from your computer and reinstalling it. I also would recommend clearing the cache and cookies from your intenet options, this could help free your computer and improve the performance.

Here is a few articles to help uninstalll the plugin, and an article that lists the supported browser plug-in:

If you have any other questions, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, from 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Hope this helps,

The Sling Media Moderation Team