1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 5:49 PM by stanley.sling RSS

Slingplayer app auto-kicks me to Canadian store

Njoyal

The "get started" link for the installation phase kicks me into the Canadian App Store to download Slingplayer for iPad for a US based iPad.  If I go directly to the App Store, the same thing happens with that link.  Is this an app issue or an iPad issue?

• Re: Slingplayer app auto-kicks me to Canadian store
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello Njoyal,

Thank you for posting! I understand that you are having an issue with your iPad kicking you to the app store when you click on "Get Started" when trying to set up your Slingbox. The reason why you are experiencing this issue is due to the fact that you cannot set up a Slingbox using an iPad. In order to set up the Slingbox, you will need to use a compatible PC or Mac that is on the same network as the Slingbox and run through set up on Setup.Slingbox.com. Now, this method is only for our Slingbox models that were released before the Slingbox 350 and 500 models. If you are trying to set up a Slingbox 350 or 500, you still need to be on a compatible PC or Mac that is on the network, however you will instead navigate your web browser to Newwatch.Slingbox.com.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team