4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 1:22 PM by williamh1 RSS

I want to chat to a technician?

gs37ps36

I have tried for weeks to chat to a technician!     I log in, click on Slingbox Solo, a window comes up...connecting...connected, a tecnician will be with you shortly...waiting for a technician - then nothing.     Is there anybody there or am I doing something wrong.     I call after 0900GMT.     I am in Turkey.    The sound on my slingbox does not synchronise with the movements.       I am on Windows 8.

• Re: I want to chat to a technician?
          TylerG Newbie

Greetings, gs37ps36!

I'm not too sure why you're unable to contact us, but here's something you can check to resolve your video/audio syncing problems:

Hope this helps!

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

williamh1 Newbie

Thank you for your message.

I am away from my desk but will try to interrogate my mail and respond. However, I may not be able to access this account until 21st October. In any event I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I return.

Best Wishes

Mike Williams

gs37ps36

Hi Mike, thank you for this mail.   I did eventually make contact with a technician but he was unfortunately not able to help me.      I regret that I have forgotten his name.

I have a 7 year old HP computer that has always worked very well with my Slingbox  Solo, which was purchased about 4 years ago.     It has Windows Vista and I use it mainly in Turkey although it has worked perfectly in NZ and Channel Islands.

Eight months ago I bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.     After a few problems installing the Slingbox Wolfgang - who I phone at Slingmedia in London - installed the software on the computer for me on August 4th, and now it does work, with an extremely good picture.     He originally installed it as a plug in to IE but it did not work at all.      However, the sound and movements are not synchronised.       As soon as I start Slingbox a window comes up telling me that frames are being missed, and I assume this is what the problem is.       Your technician told me he couldn't help me as the software is no longer supported.

I have been here in Turkey since end of August and will be here until end Nov.

If you can be of any further assistance I would be most pleased to here from you.     If you are unable to resolve this problem, would buying a new 350  be the answer?

Kind regards,     Gordon Simmons. 

williamh1 Newbie

Thank you for your message.

I am away from my desk but will try to interrogate my mail and respond. However, I may not be able to access this account until 21st October. In any event I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I return.

Best Wishes

Mike Williams