2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:38 PM by anthony.sling RSS

Audio Working, but Not Video

psulliva

Hi everyone -- I have the Slingbox Pro HD.  I've had it since April, 2011, and it's always worked perfectly fine.  Tonight I was watching the Red Sox game via internet viewing (the slingbox is in Boston at my parents' house -- I live in Miami).  Anyway, nearing the end of the game, all of the sudden I got a black screen, but the audio was still working.  I've tried everything from re-starting the computer, opening a new web browser, etc.  Each time, the video and audio work fine for a couple of minutes, but ultimately it goes back to a black screen.  I opened the slingbox on my tablet, and it works fine (audio and video), and never goes to the black screen.  It seems to me that I have more of a computer issue than a slingbox issue, since the audio and video are working fine on the tablet.  Has anyone ever had this problem before?  If so, are there any suggestions on what I should do to my computer to get the slingbox working again?  I've never had this happen before.  It is infuriating!!!!!

• Re: Audio Working, but Not Video
          psulliva

UPDATE!!! - I thought it was my computer, but now I'm thinking there's something going on with the slingbox.  My friend also has a slingbox up in Boston, and he gave me his password and username.  I logged in and watched tv under his name, and everything was fine.  I then tried logging in under my name, and of course the screen goes black with no audio.  Even in light of this, the audio and video both work on my tablet and my mobile phone!!  This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  It seems to me that this is not a computer issue if someone else's slingbox works on my computer.  That makes me think it is a slingbox issue -- but the dam thing still works on my phone and my tablet!!!  WTF!!!!!

• Re: Audio Working, but Not Video
            anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey psulliva,

Thanks for asking! Since you are able to view your Slingbox on separate devices, this leaves me to think that the issue resides within the computer. I would check to see if your browser, java, adobe, and the SlingPlayer plug-in are all up to date.

The articles below will instruct you on how to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in and the other one explains what is supported by the Slingbox website:

After updating everything and the issue still persists, I would recommend reading the article below for the problem you are experiencing:

If you have any other concerns, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, from 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team