2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 6:35 PM by anthony.sling RSS

HQ zoom on Galaxy Note 8 is broken

Nolesfan

When in HQ mode and you zoom, the entire image shifts down when it zooms.  A black bar stays at the top of the screen.  It does not center the picture when it zooms.   It doesn not happen in SQ mode or on my other tablet.  Actually in SQ mode it also fits perfectly on my screen, but not in HQ. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  It appears to be a problem with the way it formats on the Note 8.

• Re: HQ zoom on Galaxy Note 8 is broken
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey Nolesfan,   

Thanks for your question! It seems the Galaxy Note 3 has a display resolution of 1280 x 800. The Slingbox streams in 1280 x 720. The reason you still have a black bar at the top and bottom of your screen is because of the format that the Slingbox streams in is lower then the display resolution the Galaxy Note 8 tablet uses. To help fix this issue, I would recommend changing the aspect, and zoom settings within the SlingPlayer application on your tablet.

This article can further explain how to manipulate these settings:

If you have any other questions, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, from 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team