9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 10:16 AM by VSOTestCart RSS

WILL NOT CONNECT SINCE UPDATE ON 9-20-13

ahanksters

My Pro-HD will not connect since the last software update on 9-20-13.  This was the last time it "successfully connected" even though I did not log on.  I can only assume it was an update.  I've reset my entire system from modem to router to slingbox and nothing.  The network light continuously blinks and the slingbox light acts as if I'm connected to slingplayer but there is nothing connected and it will not connect.  Please help.  I'm about to can Slingbox.

• Re: WILL NOT CONNECT SINCE UPDATE ON 9-20-13
          TylerG Newbie

Hello there, ahanksters.

A blinking network light, you say? Is the Slingbox connected directly to your router using a relatively short (6 feet or shorter) ethernet cable, and plugged directly into a wall outlet? It seems you may have already seen our support article for a blinking network light:

Another thing to consider would be your power supply; if there is nothing keeping the Slingbox from getting a network connection, a poor power supply could keep that network light from staying lit. You could call us at 877-GO-SLING to verify whether this is the problem or replace the power supply yourself:

Hope this helps!

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

ACC371086

Did you ever get this fixed my Pro HD is doing the same thing please HELP

rsnider100

Sling player will not connect on ipad1 or iphone4s.  Does connect ok on pc laptop. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

ahanksters

Love how this is "assumed answered".  Nothing worked.  I tried to replace the power supply.  Did not work.  Canning the Pro-HD and upgrading to the 500.  ****** off.

ACC371086

Did you ever get this fixed my Pro HD is doing the same thing please HELP

Well I try everything I plug it into 4 diffrent outlets. I plug it into direct into the router at my house and next door house same and nothing still blinks and this never did this befor the last two and a half weeks. did this new soft wear do this? or are trying to get me to buy the new model.

socratesok

Ditto.. I have Slingbox Pro.. I can connect if I use Internet Explorer.. Chrome crashes on FOUR different XP machines from different locations, including Home Machine.

So, Slingbox, When are you going to notice that there is a problem???

ACC371086

My Pro-HD will not connect since the last software update on 9-20-13.  This was the last time it "successfully connected" even though I did not log on.  I can only assume it was an update.  I've reset my entire system from modem to router to slingbox and nothing.  The network light continuously blinks and the slingbox light acts as if I'm connected to slingplayer but there is nothing connected and it will not connect.  Please help.  I'm about to can Slingbox.

I am having same problem

Now I bought a new power cord that was not what was wrong. try everything I've reset my system 40 time try my house and the house next store going direct to the Internet and the network light go's on for a min. then the  light starts blinking please Help.

WHAT WILL IT COST FOR YOU TO FIXS THIS! I will PAY.

VSOTestCart Newbie

I have an HDPro also.  Which s/w did you upgrade?  Was it the slingbox firmware.  If that's the case, I'm never upgrading my device,....it currently works.  SB doesn't seem to be very intersted in answering these upgrade related questions.

ahanksters

I didn't perform any upgrades manually.  My unit wouldn't and I noticed the last "successful" connection was 9-20-13, however I never connected then.  It was done remotely and I'm assuming by SB.  Customer service wanted to charge me for answers but I finally got a guy to tell me it wouldn't do any good because they couldn't connect to it anyway.  The new power source didn't work.  This is garbage.  Someone on UTube tries to tell you to solder some new electrical components inside.  Not doing that.  What a joke SB is.  Anyone know of any competitor products that are better?