2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 2:22 PM by mdaley RSS

Frozen image on either side of streaming image

mdaley

My slingbox 350 works except on standard definition channels with 4:3 aspect ratio, i see a frozen image on either side of the streaming image instead of black bars.  I don't have the same problem when viewing HD widescreen since the streaming image fills the entire screen.

• Re: Frozen image on either side of streaming image
          TylerG Newbie

Howdy, mdaley.

If you adjust the aspect ratio to match the content you're viewing, does the problem go away?

Best wishes,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Frozen image on either side of streaming image
              mdaley

No.  When i am viewing non-HD content, i typically have the same issue all the time.  I can adjust the aspect ration on the slingbox viewer as follows:

AR = auto - yes, i hvae the problem

AR = normal - yes

AR = wide screen - no i don't have the problem.  However wide screen stretches the image to fill the whole screen and i prefer to view in Auto mode.

Similarly, i can adjust the zoom as follows:

Zoom = default - yes, i have the problem.

Zoom = Letter box - no, i don't have the problem.  Again, however, i prefer Default setting becuase Letter Box trims some of the image

Zoom = pillar box - yes

Zoom = window box - yes

Zoom = anamorphic - yes

I only have the problem when viewin non-HD channels.  HD channels broadcast in wide screen format AR = auto and Zoom = default result in an image that fills the screen .... so no problem.  It's just non-HD channels.

So my best bet for non-HD is AR=auto and Zoom = letter box... unless you can suggest some way to stop this from happening.  Perhaps it is a problem with my computer.

thanks.