15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 12:54 PM by udovar RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD and cable-tv box Maximum XO 505 C

jhhm17

Where can I get a vertual remote control BIN file for cable-tv box Maximum XO 505 C located in Denmark ?

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD and cable-tv box Maximum XO 505 C
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

(NOT a Sling Media representative, just another user)

udovar

Hi Allan

I have Sling Box Pro HD and Maximum XO-505 C

I downloaded the bin file and when entered the location of the PL_bin file and tested the file the virtual remote control panel came in wiev.....also tried the RV bin file but not compatible....

However, when trying to change chanel on the virtual remote control nothing happens, it seems though that the picture somehow in a spilt second is trying to change to another channel, but stays on same chanel.

There is no problem changing chanel via the normal remote control when the cable box is connected to TV

I have tried to download several sources of the bin file for Maximum XO-505 C but all with same result

Only way i currently can change channel is if my wife is changing the channel in Denmark directly on the cable box.....then it works, however as i am traveling a lot it is not always popular to wake her up for changing channel 3 AM in Denmark...8 hours time difference from f.ex Hong Kong

HELP !!! :-)

udovar

Did you find a solution ?

I also have Slingbox Pro HD with Maximum XO 505C and have no problem to downloading the bin file and get the virtual remote control displayed, however unable to change channel on the virtual remote control .....HJÆLP :-)

alanrichey42 Master

All my suggestions are included in the readme file.   Did you try them ?

udovar

Yes

Used the downloaded PL.Bin file and Virtuel remote displayed, test functon ok showing V2010

Tried RV file but not accepted

Real Remote device is working

Seems that the virtual remote is trying to change channel by split secong freze, but stays on curent channel.

Using Mac

alanrichey42 Master

What about the camera test ?   Are you sure the blaster is over the receiver ?

udovar

Here i got lost….camera and blaster ….

I did not read any of that in the read me file ?

Den 10/04/2014 kl. 19.06 skrev alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

alanrichey42 Master

Quote:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button ?

2.   Have you tried both the BIN files ?

3.   If you are using the external IR Blaster have you used a Digital Camera (Mobile Phone) to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Practice on a real remote so you know what you are looking for. 

4.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

5.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?

udovar

1. No error message when using the PL.bin file

2. tried both and RV.bin file shows invalid custom bin file

3. I do not use the external IR blaster

4. As i don’t use the external IR blaster not relevant.

5. 100% sure the real remote control is working as i have just used it to change channel

Den 10/04/2014 kl. 19.23 skrev alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from alanrichey42 in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

Quote:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button ?

2.   Have you tried both the BIN files ?

3.   If you are using the external IR Blaster have you used a Digital Camera (Mobile Phone) to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Practice on a real remote so you know what you are looking for.

4.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

5.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

alanrichey42 Master

That's the answer then.   You MUST use the external IR Blaster with a Pro-HD.  That is the only way to transmit an IR Signal.

udovar

I have never used the IR blaster before and it worked perfectly.

There was analog channels before and therefore the antenna label was connected to the Slingbox Pro HD direct and the virtual remote control was working perfect.

Then the provider changed all the TV channels to digital and therefore i bought a Cabel TV box where i connected the antenna cabel in order to convert to signal to my Slingbox. and only the composite (3 labels) are connected from the Cable box to Slingbox Pro HD now.

Den 10/04/2014 kl. 20.02 skrev alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

That's the answer then.   You MUST use the external IR Blaster with a Pro-HD.  That is the only way to transmit an IR Signal.

alanrichey42 Master

Exactly.   Before you were using the built-in tuner so the Slingbox could change channel internally and did not have to transmit an IR signal.   Now you are using an external box so the Slingbox has to communicate with it.  In the same way you need a remote control to change channels on the box you also need the IR blaster plugged into the Slingbox and taped to the IR Receiver of the Cable box to send the signal.

You really need to read the setup instructions on the Sling site.

How did you expect the Slingbox to change the channel on the Cable Box ?

udovar

Thanks for your help…..i found the IR blaster cabel…..even it was 3 years ago i packed it away….inserted the cabel in the Slingbox….taped the sensors in front of the Cable box….and now it works

And a thanks from my wife as she can sleep without having to act like my remote control anymore during odd hours...

Cheers

Frank

Den 10/04/2014 kl. 20.58 skrev alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

Exactly.   Before you were using the built-in tuner so the Slingbox could change channel internally and did not have to transmit an IR signal.   Now you are using an external box so the Slingbox has to communicate with it.  In the same way you need a remote control to change channels on the box you also need the IR blaster plugged into the Slingbox and taped to the IR Receiver of the Cable box to send the signal.

You really need to read the setup instructions on the Sling site. .

udovar

I can give you the name of sling box on the net and then you can log in and see for yourself what the problem is…

Den 10/04/2014 kl. 19.06 skrev alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum