1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 10:52 AM by stanley.sling RSS

Slingbox 350 with WD TV - Had sound but now I don't

robcontini

Hey guys,

I have had a Slingbox 350 for a few months now at my house with verizon fios.  The box is set up in a spare room and is never used other then for slingbox.  At my vacation home I have a WDTV hooked up.  When i first set it up everything was working fine besides the occasional drop connection.  I was able to connect and I had sound. 

ABout 2 weeks ago I was turning on the WD TV and I had video but I had no sound.  At first I thought it was my TV, so i changed HDMI ports and still no sound.  I then went to the youtube app on the WDTV and I had sound.  So now I know its not the TV and it is specifc to the Slingplayer on the WDTV.  I restored the WDTV to factory settings and still having the same issues.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what could be going wrong?

I am able to get sound from the slingbox when using a web browser on my mac so I know the connections are correct on the slingplayer.  Just to be safe I reseated all the cables in the back of the slingbox this weekend and am still having the issue.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Any help you guys can provide me would be great.

Thanks

Rob

• Re: Slingbox 350 with WD TV - Had sound but now I don't
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello robcontini,

Thank you for posting in the forums! I understand that you are having an issue with the audio not working on the WDTV SlingPlayer Application. Now this certainly is a strange issue. I would like to suggest doing a soft reboot on the Slingbox by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in. Please get back to us if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you for the feedback!

Best regards,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team