11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 2:59 PM by mrwide RSS

"The Slingbox Administrator password that you typed is incorrect"

mrwide

I have problem with my Slingbox 350 PRO HD. The last weeks its disconnect all the times, couldnt look at any thing for longer than 5 minutes.

For a couple of days I cant contact my Slingerbox, to day my son restarted it i Sweden and its loked ok in Sweden.

When I nou start the slingerbox login, it tell me to type the password, and I type my password and get the answer "The Slingbox Administrator password that you typed is incorrect" Isnt it the same password that I allways use.

The function has been bad even when I was at home with 100GB it goes down all the time. There are more people her i Spain that all have the same problem, the connection goes down, and you have to reconect, an every time you miss your, sport or movie.

When we are looking at the Tv companys play scannel, they feel smarter solutions for the back up so if the connection goes down, you got an freese picture ande the sport och movie than starts from the stop.

Ok hiw can i start my Slingbox, how do I know the Administrator Passworld. An just tonight I hade looked foorward to see Barcelona, and a good movie!

Best reegards

Göran Wide

• Re: "The Slingbox Administrator password that you typed is incorrect"
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello mrwide,

I apologize for the delay in response. I understand you are having an issue with connecting to the Slingbox as well as being repeatedly asked for the Administrative Password for the Slingbox. Luckily, I do have the steps here to resolving this however, you will need to be at the Slingbox location in order to complete the process.

First you will want to remove the Slingbox from the directory. To do this, follow the instructions from the link below:

Then, you will want to perform a hard reset on the unit. For instructions on resetting the Slingbox, click on the link below:

After you have completed the previous steps, just rerun through the setup process on Setup.Slingbox.com. During the setup process, it will prompt you to give the Slingbox a new Administrative Password; at this step, I highly recommend setting the Administrative Password to "admin".

Once you have done these steps, you should not be prompted for the Administrative Password for the unit and if you do, the password will be "admin".

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

mrwide

Thanks I vill try it , has there bin an new update the last two weeks?

Best regards/Vänligen

Göran Wide

Esp  +34 727 793 270

Swe +46 705 809 100

27 sep 2013 kl. 19:41 skrev StanleyShaw <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from StanleyShaw in General Slingbox 350 Questions - View the full discussion

Hello mrwide,

I apologize for the delay in response. I understand you are having an issue with connecting to the Slingbox as well as being repeatedly asked for the Administrative Password for the Slingbox. Luckily, I do have the steps here to resolving this however, you will need to be at the Slingbox location in order to complete the process.

First you will want to remove the Slingbox from the directory. To do this, follow the instructions from the link below:

Using the Slingbox Directory

Then, you will want to perform a hard reset on the unit. For instructions on resetting the Slingbox, click on the link below:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

After you have completed the previous steps, just rerun through the setup process on Setup.Slingbox.com. During the setup process, it will prompt you to give the Slingbox a new Administrative Password; at this step, I highly recommend setting the Administrative Password to "admin".

Once you have done these steps, you should not be prompted for the Administrative Password for the unit and if you do, the password will be "admin".

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox 350 Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

stanley.sling Apprentice

There has not been an update for this specific issue. My post is just what I have personally seen resolve this issue several times in the past. Did it work for you?

Thanks,

mrwide

Thanks for the reply, I have to wait until someone can help me at home in Sweden. I need to get my sling id located under the coil box. Then I can keep trying. But it has never worked well - disconnects all the time regardless of how high the GB I have. Whether I'm over in Sweden or here in Spain. And I hear many of the same problems. When I look at comerciella channels play broadcasts live or on demand so there is no problem. Thanks for that someone cares. I try next week again ........

Sincerely Making Wide

Best regards/Vänligen

Göran Wide

Esp  +34 727 793 270

Swe +46 705 809 100

2 okt 2013 kl. 19:14 skrev StanleyShaw <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from StanleyShaw in General Slingbox 350 Questions - View the full discussion

There has not been an update for this specific issue. My post is just what I have personally seen resolve this issue several times in the past. Did it work for you?

Thanks,

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox 350 Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

mrwide

Is it 32 digits at the id: t Located under the Slingbox

Best regards/Vänligen

Göran Wide

Esp  +34 727 793 270

Swe +46 705 809 100

2 okt 2013 kl. 19:14 skrev StanleyShaw <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

Thanks,

stanley.sling Apprentice

No, the Slingbox ID is a 32-digit ID that is generated once the Slingbox is set up. This ID can be retrieved by clicking the "EDIT" button from inside the Slingbox directory. However, you should not need this ID because once you have someone from the Slingbox location rerun through setup on Setup.Slingbox.com, the Slingbox will be placed back into your directory and this will be synced with your account and thus, all devices you access SlingPlayer from.

Best regards,

mrwide

Is it R29120600039 the id? And if it is, why it's standing Serial number, when they ask me for det sling box I'd?

Complacer/Vänligen

Göran Wide

+34 727 793 270

+46 705 809 100

2 okt 2013 kl. 19:31 skrev StanleyShaw <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

No, the Slingbox ID is a 32-digit ID that is generated once the Slingbox is set up. This ID can be retrieved by clicking the "EDIT" button from inside the Slingbox directory. However, you should not need this ID because once you have someone from the Slingbox location rerun through setup on Setup.Slingbox.com, the Slingbox will be placed back into your directory and this will be synced with your account and thus, all devices you access SlingPlayer from.

Best regards,

stanley.sling Apprentice

The "R" number is the Serial Number, the Slingbox ID is not printed anywhere on the unit or the packaging. Like I said, the ID is generated when a Slingbox is setup online. The only reason you would add a Slingbox to an account with the ID would be to add the Slingbox to a guest account. The only thing you need to do to get the Slingbox onto the account is, to run through setup on Setup.Slingbox.com on a PC or Mac at the Slingbox location.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

mrwide

ok, as I´m not connected to the same network its impossible to do the set up.

Is there any way to go around it?!

Best regards/Vänligen

Göran Wide

Esp  +34 727 793 270

Swe +46 705 809 100

2 okt 2013 kl. 21:43 skrev StanleyShaw <answers@slingmedia.com>:

Slingbox Answers Forum

The "R" number is the Serial Number, the Slingbox ID is not printed anywhere on the unit or the packaging. Like I said, the ID is generated when a Slingbox is setup online. The only reason you would add a Slingbox to an account with the ID would be to add the Slingbox to a guest account. The only thing you need to do to get the Slingbox onto the account is, to run through setup on Setup.Slingbox.com on a PC or Mac at the Slingbox location.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,