6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2016 4:35 AM by Quinn845 RSS

Pro HD not found on network

tedkord Newbie

My Slingbox Pro HD suddenly stopped being seen on the network. Looking at the box, the power light and arch are lit steady, but the network light is not. I tried powering it down and back up, swapping out the cat 6 network cable, and even holding the reset button (which did nothing - the same lights stayed lit, nothing started cycling). I also tried power cycling the router - nothing (and all other devices connected to the router, wired and wireless, have no issues)

What's my next step? Thanks.

• Re: Pro HD not found on network
          Maxcats Novice

Power supply?

I had my router go down recently everything was working fine and then overnight it went out all lights going but no web.

Short answer is that the router power supply couldn't supply enough amperage power to maintain the internet link.

I now go here (power supply) on devices that look normal but won't access the web reliably or have sporadic disconnects.

It may apply here also.

tedkord Newbie

Thanks for the reply.

The power supply for the Slingbox or the router? I don't think the router is the problem, as nothing else has any issue connecting through it.

As for the Slingbox, it has power (the power light and arch lights are all lit constantly). I don't think it's not getting power. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Maxcats Novice

Power supply to the Slingbox.

It may have enough power to light everything but not enough amperage to connect to the web.

It's a suggestion only. Try another Slingbox power supply designed for the Pro-HD (others will NOT work) and see if that returns you to the web.

tedkord Newbie

Just wanted to thank you. This worked.

I was skeptical that the power cord would cause this problem, so I didn't even try it. Then, I read a review on Amazon for a third party power supply, and the reviewer described the exact symptoms I had being fixed by this new PS. So I bought one, and sure enough I've got my Slingbox back.

So thank you very much.  I was about to buy a new 350 - that would have forced me to rent a digital box for $10/month from Comcast. So you saved me the $150 for a new Slingbox, but also the ongoing rental fee.

To anyone else having this issue, the PS is indeed likely the culprit.

tedkord Newbie

The power supply was the issue.