2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 4:33 PM by garyninezl RSS

Question about slingbox and wireless adapter

garyninezl

My Slingbox is positioned in bedroom so use netgear wireless adapter. After one or two days with out using slingbox error message comes up saying slingbox has lost contact with router. I unplug both wireless adapter and slingbox then it reconnects with my router and I can watch. Any suggestions. I wonder if my DVR or netgear wireless adapter or slingbox goes to sleep mode?

• Re: Question about slingbox and wireless adapter
          TylerG Newbie

Greetings, garyninezl.

I can't say too much for certain regarding that wireless adapter, but your Slingbox certainly shouldn't be sleeping on the job. The only reason it might regularly lose power would be that its power source is inconsistent (which could be the case if you have frequent power outages or if the Slingbox is plugged into a surge protector rather than a power outlet). Otherwise, it may be an issue with that wireless adapter. For help with that, you might consider calling Netgear to taking a look at some other options that work with the Slingbox.

Hope this helps!

The Slingbox Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Question about slingbox and wireless adapter
              garyninezl

Tyler, thanks for your response. My slingbox dropped connection again. I unplug the wireless adapter from the power source and unplug the slingbox at the same time; wait a minute or so and then plug the wireless adapter and slingbox back in. Presto, I have connectivity and can watch. Will appreciate any more thoughts you or readers may have.