2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 8:32 PM by enabkho RSS

"Analog" cable support?

enabkho

Hi,

Does the Slingbox350 support Analog cable (coxial cable from Cable provider connected to VCR with the 3 yellow/red/white composite video/audio cables going to slingbox)? In other words, no digital cable set-top box ...

If not, is there a recommended Analog to Digital converter to make the Slingbox350 work with my Analog cable connection?

If not, is there any other Slingbox model supporting Analog cable?

Thx in advance!

• Re: "Analog" cable support?
          alanrichey42 Master

It doesn't matter what type of input is going into the VCR, the Yellow Composite Video out is providing an analog signal which is acceptable to the 350.

• Re: "Analog" cable support?
              enabkho

Well that's what I thought, but the Slingbox350 unit I purchased does not work for me when attempting to configure the Video input during the 1st time setup.

I have connected the composite out of the VCR to the input of the Slingbox then the output of the Slingbox to the TV.

I can see the TV picture on the TV crisp & clear, but just a black screen on the PC connected to Slingbox. Thesetup utility remains stuck with the composite video in unconfigured mode.

When I requested tech. support from Slingbox, their analysis pointed to a faulty unit to be RMA'ed.

But before returning it for exchange, I tested the unit at my neighbor's who has digital cable. The unit worked like a charm!

I am really puzzled and not sure how to interpret these Tech. Specs:

http://ca.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-350-techspecs
              Supported Audio-Video and Storage Sources

Connect to any of the following high-definition video sources in up to 1080p.

• Digital cable set-top box
              • Satellite receiver
              • Digital video recorder (DVR)
              • DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ player/recorder
              • Video security cameras