4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 12:20 AM by portugalia1143 RSS

Channel is not changing correctly.

bagwell358

I have my slingbox solo connected to a DirectTV hr22. The remote works on everything except to change the channel using the number keys. If I hit 248 for instance it will try and change to channel 24 and then try to change to channel 8 immediately after, what can I do?

Thanks

• Re: Channel is not changing correctly.
          TylerG Newbie

Hi, bagwell358!

It sounds like your SlingRemote is accepting commands faster than you can enter them. The speed at which this occurs can actually be altered from within the Slingbox setup. There's a page asking you how to tune to channel 5; on this page, you should see some remote settings to fix this issue. Another option (within SlingPlayer for Web) would be to use the channel controls at the bottom of the screen.

Best wishes,

The Slingbox Forum Moderation Team

portugalia1143

I have the exact same issue, but I own a Slingbox 350 and therefore I cannot use the standalone Slingplayer but only the Slingplayer for web. Is there anyway I can fix my problem in order to use the keypad to change to a specific channel? It is a bit annoyting that I have to minimize the stream and use the channel controls at the bottom of the screen everytime I want to change to a specific channel.

Thanks.

TylerG Newbie

Hmm... you know, you may want to make sure you have an exact for your set-top box model number in the setup of the SlingRemote. Here's where you can reconfigure:

You may also want to install your external IR emitter (the small, pyramid-shaped device that came with the Slingbox). Because the internal emitters control the set-top box indirectly by bouncing off objects in the room, that may cause the delay in response. With the external IR emitter, you control the set-top box directly, which may solve your problem!

The Slingbox Forum Moderation Team

portugalia1143

I have a custom made virtual remote control for my PACE Model DCR8151/24. None of the pre-available remote controls worked with my cable box.

As for the IR emitter, it is installed and facing the cable box. And with such setup, even when I was in my local network where the slingbox is located, I never managed to get a 3-digit channel right. For some reason it is just not possible. Can I during the setup of the virtual remote define the speed that the signal should be sent? Or is there any other solution for this problem?

It would really be great to be able to change channels only using the numeric pad and not having to minimize the streaming and use the channel box of the webpage.