0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 6:44 AM by pjbeeee RSS

Why is there no manual setup option

pjbeeee

Why is there no manual setup option that does NOT go through the "Testing connection" phase?

I WANT TO MANUALLY SETUP MY SLINGBOX AND *THEN* HAVE SLINGBOX.COM TEST THE CONNECTION.

AND WHEN I WANT TO RE-DO THE SETUP, I'M FORCED BACK TO THE DEFAULT SETTINGS AND HAVE TO BEGIN AGAIN.  VERY VERY TIME CONSUMING AND USUALLY USELESS.

WHAT'S MORE, IT APPEARS THAT ROUTER SETUP IS NOT REALLY REQUIRED, AS THE SLINGBOX AND SLINBOX.COM SITE SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET AROUND MOST FIREWALLS (THE CONNECTION SEEMS TO BE INITIATED FROM INSIDE THE HOME FIREWALL - programs like logmein.com do this as well), BUT WE ARE NOT TOLD THIS BY THE SLINGBOX SETUP.

IT'S VERY SAD THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, SLINGBOX SEEMS TO THINK WE ARE ALL DUMBOS - SOME OF US ARE EXPERIENCED AND KNOW HOW TO DO INTERNET/IP ADDRESS/TCP PORT ASSIGNMENT SETUP.

SHAME ON YOU, SLINGBOX.

THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO ENTER THE SLINGBOX'S MAC ADDRESS, THEN ENTER THE LAN IP SETTINGS AND PORT, AND HAVE IT SAVED.  ONLY THEN SHOULD SLINGBOX.COM TEST THE CONNECTION.