2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 8:30 AM by dgrages RSS

New to Slingbox

dgrages

I just bought a Slingbox Solo, used.  I set it up at my home in one state.  I was able to get a TV picture on the computer where the Slingbox was set up.  When I try to "watch" on a different computer in another state, I download the Sling Player.  When I go to run the software, I get a message to turn off my Internet browser (Explorer 9).  I do so, click "OK", but the message keeps coming back.  The computer at the Remote site is a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop, but it is running a 32-bit version of Explorer 9.  Can anyone help me figure out how to make a connection so I can watch my "home" NFL team?

• Re: New to Slingbox
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey  dgrages,

Thank you for posting! It sounds like Internet Explorer is still open in the background. I would recommend going into the Process tab in the Task Manager to check to see if it is still open.

This article will further explain how to do this.

If you have any other problems, feel free to respond or call in at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: New to Slingbox
            dgrages

Thanks, that did the trick.  I had closed one application of Internet Explorer, but there was another one running in the background.