6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2010 2:22 AM by Bryanod RSS

Sling Player Update reminder

tkchan

I've been having this weird problem from both my Vista (32bits) and Window 7 (64bits) machines whereby whenever I connected to my local Slingbox, I get the "there is a software update" reminder.  Going through either the 'Later' or 'Now' options both doesn't lead to any changes at all. I've checked the Sling Agent according to the FAQ and I don't see any failed task on there.

What gives?  Anyone has any idea?  Thanks.

• Re: Sling Player Update reminder
          eferz Expert

No clue.  But, if I'd guess there might be a corrupted file in the installation.  I would recommend uninstalling it and reinstalling it with a fresh copy from http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us

Bryanod Novice

Check the autoupdate.log file located here

C:\ProgramData\Sling Media\AutoUpdateFiles

marvspiro

I am getting the same download messageevery time I attempt to run SlingPlayer.

I checked the log file and found "mutex file not installed"and "Failed to delete file C:\Users\Marvin\AppData\Local\Temp\AutoUpdateDeployerUI.exe. Error = 2" and "Failed to delete file C:\Users\Marvin\AppData\Local\Temp\Frameworkutils.dll. Error . Should I delete these files?What is the "mutxxfile"?

Marvin

eferz Expert

You're experiencing an issue with Microsoft's User Access Control (UAC).  To avoid this problem, log off as your current user, login as "administrator", and rerun the Slingplayer update.

Bryanod Novice

C:\Users\Marvin\AppData\Local\Temp\AutoUpdateDeployerUI.exe. Error = 2" and "Failed to delete file C:\Users\Marvin\AppData\Local\Temp\Frameworkutils.dll

Is actually the norm. The files don't exist.  When they do exist then a different action is taken by the installer

If you used the sling player in other locations it sometimes breaks the script

When a update is detected it downloads the firmware files in the background. First it deletes the old firmware files on your pc then replaces them with the new files.  Once that is done it will download the sling software.  If you have the firmware files updated on 2 machines then update the firmware.  The other pc's that did not update the firmware will keep asking you to update.  Just uninstall the player and reinstall it.

alanrichey42 Master

Remember that the update takes place in the background with an occasional flash of 'Downloading Update' in the bottom left corner.  It can take quite a long time so might make you think nothing is happening.