1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 15, 2013 4:34 PM by stanley.sling RSS

Why Only receive blank screen when connected?

garybee

On all devices (iPhone, iPad, 2 Dell laptops) I can connect, but the screen is blank. I unplugged the Slingbox and plugged it back in, but with the same results on all devices. All used to receive signal just fine. The screen shows the 'remote' and the guide and settings, but no programming from cable. Any ideas?

• Re: Why Only receive blank screen when connected?
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello garybee,

Thank you for contacting us through our Answers Forum about this! I understand you aren't getting video when you connect to your Slingbox on Newwatch.Slingbox.com. I utilized my tools here to run a quick test on your Slingbox 500 and I was successfully able to get audio and video as soon as I connected. This indicates that the Slingbox has been setup properly and should be working from any of the supported devices.

Are you hitting the "Power" button at the top of your virtual remote? In order for the audio/video stream to be picked up by the Slingbox, you would have to turn the cablebox on with the virtual remote you ran through setup for your Slingbox. However, on the iPhone, you won't see a full-sized virtual remote because of the screen size of the iPhone. To find the remote functions on SlingPlayer for iPhone, check out this helpful article:

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team