9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 1:13 PM by spencer8867 RSS

Sky HD+ 1Tb IR Setup Problems

Paulf7

I have been frustrated trying to setup the IR emitters, which stops me from changing channels via the SlingBox App!

Can anyone who has the above Sky box (DRX895) post a photograph showing the position of the IR heads - if possible pace a ruler against the Sky unit so I can make sure mine is aligned exactly.

Thanks you

• Re: Sky HD+ 1Tb IR Setup Problems
          alanrichey42 Master

I don't have the 1Tb box but on my Sky HD+ box I have them right in the middle.   Try looking at  the front with a torch and you should be able to identify the IR receiver module behind the smoked glass.

• Re: Sky + with HD
              spencer8867

Dear alan

i see that you seem to know what to do...i'm a bit of a plonker when it comes to these things!!!......i tried setting up my HD pro box yesterday...could not get a picture but had sound...not sure if i pluged in the correct cables......on my sky box i only have the red/yellow/white sockets not the blue/green/red.....there is an HDMI cable that runs from my sky box to my TV.....what cables should i connect between the slingbox hd pro and the skybox...are there any cables to connect between the slingbox and the tv?

also i assume the ir sensor goes over the middle of the skybox which has the circular blue lights and central red light which goes on when recording or watching pre-recorded programmes..correct ?

thanking you in advance for your response

alanrichey42 Master

Just use the yellow (composite video) and Red/White (Analog Audio) and maksure you select the Composite Input on the Slingbox.  I can't post a picture of the box, I am on holiday 2000 miles away.  But it wouldn't help, as I said before, I have them dead centre under the record light.  Are you sure the IR Blasters are actually firing when you tap a button on the virtual remote ? (Watch it through a digital camera/mobile phone)

spencer8867

by selcting the "composite  input" on the slingbox...do you mean on the actual box or on the computer screen on my laptop when setting up for the first time

sorry to disturb you on holiday

also once it is working...there is nothing else i have to do for it to work when i go away ...correct ?

alanrichey42 Master

When you view on the laptop make sure you have the Sources selected to Composite.  In theory, once you have competed the setup you should be able to watch remotely.  But based on the number of pots on this forum you can see it isn't always successful

• Re: Sky HD+ 1Tb IR Setup Problems
                      Paulf7

Thanks Alan, the problem is the 1TB HD+ box has a different IR layout and I have moved the repeaters in every different position but with no joy. Any chance you could post a photo of the front of your Sky Box so I can see the position, angles, etc - it might just help as everything else works fine!

Thanks for your post

Paul