2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 12:04 PM by craig.sling RSS

Sling Box 350 changes channels on a second Sling Box Solo

gabcpa

I have two Sling Boxes setup close to each other and when I change the channels using the Sling Box 350 it changes the channel on my older Sling Box Solo. Is there any settings to stop this or is my only option moving them to seperate rooms?

• Re: Sling Box 350 changes channels on a second Sling Box Solo
          alanrichey42 Master

It's not changing the channel on the Solo, it is changing the channel on your TV source (Cable, Satellite...?)   I assume both Slingboxes are using the same TV Source ?

• Re: Sling Box 350 changes channels on a second Sling Box Solo
            craig.sling Novice

Hello gabcpa,

This is a very good question. With the way you have these units setup the IR emitters on the 350 are changing the channel on the cable box that the Solo is hooked to. With the Slingbox it emits an IR light that is encoded with the remote commands. With those two units being close together the Slingbox 350 with its external IR emitters is controlling both units. There are very little we can do to make this work correctly.

• You can isolate the Slingbox.
            • You can move one of the Slingboxs to another room or if you had a cabinet you could put one of the units in the cabinet and the other one not in the cabinet.
            • You could try to put something between the units to keep it from changing the other unit.

Without doing one of these options that unit is going to change the other cable box.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team