1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 11:53 AM by craig.sling RSS

Where is the program guide? - Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920)

vanbran

Does the slingbox app for windows phone have a built-in program guide like the other mobile verions?

When I click guide it just opens up the guide on my cable box instead of the electonic zap2it program guide that desktop/iOS/Android versions have. What makes it really frustrating is actually trying to navigate through this guide because everytime you click any remote button the app stops the video and rebuffers the entire stream again. It literally took me 10 minutes just to go a few pages down in my guide.

I know that windows phone apps are often half-baked (the slingplayer app is no exception - no auto quality, fewer settings, ugly interface etc.), but is this really how things are supposed to be working or am I doing something wrong?

• Re: Where is the program guide? - Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920)
          craig.sling Novice

Hello vanbran,

Thank you for your feed back on the Windows App. I do want to let you know that at this time there is no Zap2it guide or Auto Quailty on the Windows phones and I apologize for this inconvenience. It is feedback like this that help up improve the Apps that are out there. I do want to assure you that other than these two features you should have full control over the cable box with your Slingbox remote. We are always looking for ways to improve our Apps and with the Windows app running on Windows 8 phones is so new, I am confident that you will see that App improve over time.

Thank you for your patients,

Sling Moderation Team