13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 8:27 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Need for custom On Screen Remote to Dreambox DM800HD se (cable)

bali4

Slingbox SOLO SB260-XXX P/N 980-10009

Wanted: a bin file for DM800HDse.

Downloaded and installed in web interface following:

S1237_PL.bin generic remote

(also tried S1237_RV-OK too, S2010_RV- and -PL.bin, didn't work at all)

- S is for satellite, I know, but Dreambox only shows S, no C-type .bin files at all.

- Are S and C perhaps combined? Most likelyis, that different models have different receiver types (S/C)?

- the On Screen Remote looks different, of course, but it works pretty OK

(haven't tried everything yet).

Main issue remains:

Recording TV does NOT work,

- in top center of TV picture box there is a graphic hand, overcrossed (see attached file)

- not applicable, I am afraid.

Is this Slingboxmodel too new on the market?

- maybee too uncommon?

Kind reguards.

• Re: Need for custom On Screen Remote to Dreambox DM800HD se (cable)
          alanrichey42 Master

OK, first I need to explain a few things.   When you are using Custom Remotes there is basically no difference between S & C.  It has nothing to do with the IR Codes or the functionality it simply dictates what virtual remote image is displayed on the screen.  In the early days Sling had separate default remote images for Satellite, Cable, DVR/PVR & DVD.   But then they reconciled the first 3 and made them use the same image (the one shown in your screenshot).   For some reason they left the DVD one unchanged and it is very poor, limited button, no colour buttons...   That is why you will almost never see a Custom Code starting in Y, nearly always S,C or V.

Now to the 4 numbers.   0000-1999 are fixed devices and many of them are built into the Slingbox and if you use on of those codes it will pull up the realistic remote for that device.  For example, if I build a Custom Remote and use the code S1123 I get the nice 'Sky' realistic remote.   If you are using S1237 then that is NOT a generic remote, it should display a realistic remote image.   As it doesn't I can only assume that Sling have not designed it.

Codes 2000-2046 are for general use, and will always display the default remote.  I use 2010 as my personal 'handle' for all my Custom Remotes so saying  "..have tried S2010_RV- and -PL.bin.." is meaningless.   At the last count there are over 600 Custom Remotes out there I have built using the code 2010, and they are all different.

Your Solo will work with ONLY the PL file or the RV file.   The PL file is the most popular but earlier European Solos use the RV chip.  If you have the standalone Desktop Player running, you can check the type by opening the Directory, select the SLingbox, Tap EDIT and then look at the Information tab.  If the IR Blaster version is 2 or 5 then you use the PL file, if it is 4 you use the RV file.

Does all that make sense ?

Now onto your specific case.

As I understand it you have found a Custom Remote that 'almost' works ?  if so I need to know the exact URL (or post the BIN file to this thread) so I can see which one you are using.

Your only problem is the Record button is not working ?

Al

bali4

Hello again Al.

I am impressed over your kind and quick response!

S & C, PL & RV is well covered, I must say.

Most of what you explain is now more clear to me, all but the fact that so many On Screen Remote Controls (OSRC) are named the same ( like S2010_PL.bin).

How to separate them? OK they come in a zip file, but then?

In my world (IMHO), every OSRC should have it own ”part number”.

Is this a legacy of the MS-DOS 8.3 naming convention?

My brother wishes to record TV from his location in Thailand.

That is the main problem now.

Recording works with the attached (physical) remote, and with the local application from Slingbox,

but NOT using the web interface, using preset version named:

Satellite, Dream Media, Dreambox (where can I find corresponding *.bin file?)

NOR Custom S1237_PL.bin (attached).

Also attached 6 screen dumps showing information I find relevant.

4 ”settings” dumps shows info from local application, confirming *_PL.bin is correctly choosen.

1 ”bin” file is indicating loading of S1237_PL.bin

1 ”stop hand” shows TV screen shortly after pressing Record button in OSRC.

From computers I know about keyboard scan codes. Are RC codes related?

Best reguards Stig (Arne Petersons brother)

alanrichey42 Master
                  Most of what you explain is now more clear to me, all but the fact that so many On Screen Remote Controls (OSRC) are named the same ( like S2010_PL.bin).

How to separate them? OK they come in a zip file, but then?

In my world (IMHO), every OSRC should have it own ”part number”.

Is this a legacy of the MS-DOS 8.3 naming convention?

No.   Most of the 600+ Custom Remotes that are around were built by me.   As I explained there are only 46 codes (2000-2046) available for Custom Remotes.   So I would have run out after about 2 months    So I now use 2010 as my own personal code so I know I built it and will have the source file somewhere on my computer.   If you find a 2000 code it was probably produced by a chap called Rob on the JP1 forum.  Codes 2011, 2012, 2013 will be test remotes I have built for various users.   So the only way to differentiate them is to check the JP1 File Section and go by the title of the ZIP file.

Recording works with the attached (physical) remote, and with the local application from Slingbox,

but NOT using the web interface, using preset version named:

Satellite, Dream Media, Dreambox (where can I find corresponding *.bin file?)

You can't find the BIN file, Sling hide that information from you.   And what you are saying doesn't make sense.   When the Remote is installed, it is actually downloaded to the Slingbox and is then used by ALL the different viewing platforms.    Think of it as a translation application.   Once installed, if any Viewing system sends the code for "Record" (It happens to be '29', and all systems use the same codes), then the Slingbox translates that into the IR code that is needed for the AV Device (in your case the Dreambox) and sends it out through the IR Blaster.   So if the local Slingbox application (I assume you mean the Desktop SlingPlayer V2.04) is working when it sends '29' it makes no sense that Web Player doesn't work, as that will be sending '29' as well.

Also attached 6 screen dumps showing information I find relevant.

4 ”settings” dumps shows info from local application, confirming *_PL.bin is correctly choosen.

1 ”bin” file is indicating loading of S1237_PL.bin

1 ”stop hand” shows TV screen shortly after pressing Record button in OSRC.

Good.  This shows a couple of things.

1.  Your IR Blaster Type is '5', so if you are installing a Custom Remote you must always use the PL BIN file and not the RV BIN file.

2.  If you look at settings-4 you see the list of buttons that have been coded and '29' is there.

3.  If you look at the remotes you can see that the Record button is active (unlike the Next/Prev Track, which are greyed out)

So as a start, I have built you a completely new Custom Remote using all the correct codes.  I have coded it S1237 as that should install the realistic Dreambox remote image, but that is only if you install it using the standalone Desktop player.  When you install it thorugh the Web Player it will show the default remote you have at the moment.  But install this one using the Web Player and see what happens, we can work on the image later.

bali4

Hello again, Alan!

(Sorry for not giving a faster response.)

This is how my OSRC works right now.

Slingbox Solo and Dreambox DM800HDse

Screen Remote Control (OSRC) looks as in S1237_PL.bin, with default image.

Installed it in the web interface.

I like to divide the remote into 3 sections, 1 – PVR, 2 – Menu, 3 – Channel

(Top of OSRC)

* Section 1 PVR         *

Section 2 Menu      *

Section 3 Channel      *

Section 1 PVR, row 1, buttom 1, (noted as s.1-1-1)

s.1-1-1, Play – (shows) LT Quick Menu?

s.1-1-2, Power – works OK!

s.1-2-1, Rew – Start Recording?

s.1-2-2, stop – Channel Select TV Bouquet/Favorite(B/F)?

s.1-2-3, Ff - -select ”Extension”(not shure as my language is sv/SE) ?

s.1-3-1, Skip row – TV picture + Prog Info 3s?

s.1-3-2, Pause -  sama as 3-1

s.1-3-3, -skip Fwd – Select ”Extension”?

Section 2 Menu

s.2-1-1, guide - ”Select Audio Track”?

s.2-1-2, Menu – Main Menu – works OK!

s.2-1-3, Info - EPG Selection?

s.2-2, ”function wheel” works OK!

s.2-3-1, ChUp (+)– Channel Select TV B/F?

s.2-3-3, PgUp (+)– activee, but no visible response?

s.2-4-1, ChDn(-) - TV picture + Prog Info 3s?

s.2-4-2, Exit – works OK!

s.2-4-3, PgDn,(-) - TV picture + Prog Info 3s?

Section 3 Channel

s.3-1-1, RED – Start Recording?

s.3-1-2, GREEN – LT Quick Menu?

s.3-1-3, YELLOW -

s.3-1-4, BLUE – TV in slow motion

s.3-1-5, GRAY – inactive?

s.3-2-1 until s.3-4-3, ChSel – works OK!

s.3-5-1 – inactive?

s.3-5-2, digit 0, works OK!

s.3-5-3, - inactive?

s.3-6-1, Last – inactive?

s.3-6-2, ChUp - TV picture + Prog Info 3s?

s.3-6-3, ChDn - TV picture + Prog Info 3s?

Primary is to get it working in a way that I find easier to grasp.

Another order regarding buttons and functions?

- Some are duplicates others hard, for me, to find in logical sequences.

The "correct" picture is not so important.

It is possible, but not yet easy, to use as it is now, but a "better" correlation is highly appreciable(IMHO).

Do you know of a manual of any kind showing the software of Slingbox web user interface (NOT the Slingbox Player)

Best reguards.