2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 5:27 AM by ltweb RSS

WA 220 Error

ltweb

I am experiencing an error connecting to my slingbox.  I have tried 4 different browsers on 2 different computers and a tablet and on 3 different networks and the same problem keeps happening.  I connect for about 10-15 seconds and then it says there's a problem connecting to the network.  I had this issue before and it was like this for about a month. 

I called up slingbox support and even though the code is listed on the website as a Slingbox server error, they told me it was my fault somehow and that I would need to reset the slingbox.  When this error occurred before, I did all of the troubleshooting steps and nothing changed.  All the sudden one day it started working again.  Seems like it's a slingbox problem and not a consumer problem. 

Does anyone have an answer on what I could do to get slingbox working again.  I called support and they basically told me to go away.

• Re: WA 220 Error
          Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello ltweb,

Thanks for posting to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that your are having this issue, and I can understand your frustration.

In this situation and with the error code W220 the issue would be an connection issue between your Slingbox, our server and where you are located trying to stream video. I understand that resetting the Slingbox seems like a far fetched trouble shooting step. However if you do a factory reset to the Slingbox, the Slingbox will rerun the Internet viewing test and this will make sure the firewall on your router at home is not causing an interruption in the needed connection sequence.

Check this Article:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
          The Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: WA 220 Error
              ltweb

This was the incorrect answer for my error.  My slingbox is located in Detroit and I live in Denver.  I just came back to Detroit and I'm using Slingbox fine.  I have used it on the same network that slingbox is broadcasting to, along with two different Wi-Fi networks and have had zero trouble.  However, my wife is still out in Denver and is getting the same server error when trying to bring it up.  There is an error with the Slingbox Servers out there.  The Factory reset did not solve the problem and the Slingbox itself is obviously still working just fine.  The longer this is out, the more I have been telling other prospective buyers of Slingbox not to get the product because of poor customer service and these server problems.