10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 1:03 AM by vshirikian RSS

No Video from Comcast X1 box

soogirl25

I get sound, but no picture from the Slingbox 350. I have reset it and using components wiring configuration. Please help.

"The connected video signal is not supported" is what I get on the screen.

• Re: No Video from Comcast X1 box
          alanrichey42 Master

Do you have an HDMI cable connected to the TV ?   If so, what happens if you temporarily remove it from the Cable box end ?

craig.sling Novice

Hello soogirl25,

Thank you for posting on the answer forums. With you not getting picture on the Slingbox but getting it on your TV there are a few things that we can try.

• After removing the HDMI cable go into the settings of that Slingbox and rescan the inputs.

Sometimes if the Slingbox has already been setup and there was no video signal you can rescan for the Signal and find it. I also have an article that you can look over to see if this helps. You will find the article below.

Hope these help,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

giahua

i have the exact same problem as the original poster. except when i first setup a new slingbox with the x1 comcast xfinity box it worked for a day and then the next day it gave me the "The connected video signal is not supported" error in the webplayer and the iphone app.

the link you sent is very generic and does not resolve the problem.

have only used component cables the entire time, never used hdmi. could it be that comcast is blocking the signal somehow?

please help. Thanks, Gia

vshirikian

If you unplug the HDMI cable and reboot the X1 box (by holding down the green power button for 20sec then letting go), the Slingbox will start to work. As soon as you plug in the HDMI cable in, it will stop. It could be a resolution issue (if you use 1080p) but seems to me that Comcast enabled HDCP on the X1 box with their latest software update.

vshirikian

Indeed forcing the resolution to 720p (or 1080i) enables the Slingbox to work (so HDCP was not the issue). Therefore, this is an actual issue with the Slingbox itself that Slingbox should address. The Slingbox will not placeshift video when the X1 box is in 1080p60 video output mode.

For those wanting to run 1080p60, don't stress, there is no native video signal from Comcast (or any broadcaster) that comes in 1080p, so the box itself is simply upconverting. So you will get just as good of a picture in 720p or 1080i (I prefer 720p because most - if not all - HDTVs can only display progressive scan resolutions anyways). Until there are 1080p broadcasts, there is no point to use 1080p resolution on your X1 box.