4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 1:15 PM by delprado RSS

Watching on slingbox.com using FF v23.0.1 not working

delprado

Slingbox PRO-HD, hardwired to my home network

Slingbox software version 2.1.370

Windows 7 64-bit

WebSlingPlayer version 1.5.15.770

Firefox v 23.0.1.

On the slingbox.com website, I can log in to my account.

I can get information on my slingbox on the "Support" page.

However, after a long time of attempting to connect, I get this message...

We detected very poor Internet connectivity or a loss of Internet  connection. Please verify that your Internet connectivity is working  fine before retrying.

I can connect and watch TV on my SB using IE8.

I can connect and watch TV on my SB using the SlingPlayer Facebook app, using FF v23.0.1.

Something is clearly wrong with the WebSlingPlayer version 1.5.15.770 plug-in.

Please advise.

Maurice del Prado

• Re: Watching on slingbox.com using FF v23.0.1 not working
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey delprado,

Thank you for posting on our forums website! Sorry to hear you are having issues with our latest plug-in, and I would be glad to assist you. I would recommend that you try uninstalling and plug-in and reinstalling to make sure that there is no corruption, or any missing files.

The article below will assist you on how to uninstall the plug-in on your computer, and specific browsers

If you have any other questions, or concerns on this issue, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open between the hours of 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

delprado

Anthony,

Thank you for your response.

Although I had done it before, I followed your suggestion to uninstall the plug-in and re-install it. This resulted in no change in my problem.

I took the extra step to disable all of my other Firefox plug-ins, except the Slingplayer, to see if any of them we causing a conflict. This resulted in no change in my problem.

I am still getting the error message:

We detected very poor Internet connectivity or a loss of Internet  connection. Please verify that your Internet connectivity is working  fine before retrying.

And, as I noted before, I can watch my Slingbox via Internet Explorer perfectly well. And, using Firefox, via Facebook, using the SlinkPlayer on Facebook app, I can watch my Slingbox perfectly well.

I will call the number you suggested I call shortly.

Regards,

Maurice del Prado

anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey delprado,

Thank you for the response!  I am sorry to hear this did not fix the issue. Are you using any kind of security software, or anti-virus software on this computer? Certain anti-virus or security software can block the Slingbox from accessing the network, or stop it from being displayed in the browser. If you are running any anti-virus, I would recommend putting in a rule and giving the Slingbox access to work.

This article can give you more information about how security software can block the Slingbox from having access.

If you have any other questions, or concerns on this issue, feel free to respond or give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open between the hours of 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

delprado

Anthony,

Per your suggestion, I checked my laptop's anti-virus software. Initially, I disabled it temporarily and I was able to watch my SB using FF! So that was it. I re-envabled my AV software and confirmed that the problem returned. I then dug into my AV software settings and found the offending setting. So now, I am working.

I appreciate your help. I am a happy SB customer once again.

Maurice del Prado