3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 12:03 PM by Maxcats RSS

Slingbox Solo + Foxtel + WD TV ?

ShagwellSling

HI, Just wanted to say first and foremost this is the most confusing website I have ever been to. It just directs you in loops and loops...

Ok Here is my situation.

I have a slingbox solo hooked up to foxtel in Australia. I would like to stream this to thailand to my father, who is not very good with computers. I would like to hook up the WD TV  connected device for him instead becasue it is much easier to navigate. Will this pathway work if the WD TV box is located in Thailand and the slingbox solo is in Austratralia. I am sure I read somewhere that the WD TV is only working in USA, but I just want to confrim this.

ALso what is the PH number for the sling office in Australia? It says its : (08) 5199 2138 but i cannot get through. It says its disconnected. Can someone please get back to me on this.

Thanksm,

Jo

• Re: Slingbox Solo + Foxtel + WD TV ?
          Maxcats Novice

Jo I'm in New Zealand. The Slingplayer App works on my WDTV Hub on my local network.

It also works on the WEB in the South Island (I'm in the North).

So..it's a try it and see internationally - but it's working here and I did check with Sling before connecting and they confirmed the functionality through WDTV is now global and not USA bound.

ShagwellSling

Hi Maxcats,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Mate how is the quality through WD TV, is it a smooth stream? I see there are other options, one of which is google tv. I am now confirmed to go through this route to stream slingbox, now to figure out which box to do it with. Any help will be most valuable.

THanks,

Jo

Maxcats Novice

Jo it is a 'range of quality', running from extraordinary to unwatchable.

That is determined not by the Slingplayer/Hub but by the stream and when it is good the image on my 40" Sony is fantastic.

Put it on HD on a smaller screen and you may be convinced it's HD off air rather than a compressed stream.

Keep in mind this is LAN and I feed my Slingbox 350 a genuine HD1080i component signal from a Draco Freeview box which was released before Freeview licencing reduced component output resolution.

So the trick is get a quality broadband sevice long distance and I am sure your dad will be amazed.

Even at low speeds it may still be watchable if the local content is really needed long distance. Go for it!