4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2013 10:07 AM by gramms RSS

after 7 years with ATT Uverse I had to switch to Comcast due to a move

corki

hooked it up yeasterday...works great with the Comcast DVR on but if I shut the TV and the DVR off no signal?  Any idea of what is going on....Can't leave the DVR on all the time...

• Re: after 7 years with ATT Uverse I had to switch to Comcast due to a move
          gramms

If you don't want the DVR on all the time you can change the settings for your DVR to turn-off automatically. To turn on your slingbox, all you have to do is click on the LIST. It should work. Incidentally, I have a reverse problem, I used to be with DSL AT&T and now I'm with Concast, I now have a problem, I cannot watch the slingbox, Do I have to do any thing to watch it remotely? Appreciate it. Jr

• Re: after 7 years with ATT Uverse I had to switch to Comcast due to a move
            eddiecolon91 Newbie

Hey corki,

I understand how having to leave your DVR powered on at all times just to access the Slingbox can a frustration. Unfortunately to get video & audio to your Slingbox you WILL have to have the cable box powered on. There is an option you have though to avoid leaving the cable box on at all times.

Granted the remote on your Slingplayer is setup properly & fully operational then you should be able to power off the cable box when you are not using it anymore. When you connect to your Slingbox pull up the on screen remote & power on the cable box. When you get ready to disconnect just hit the power button on the remote & your DVR will shut off.

Give it a try & let me know if that works out. I hope this information will further assist you with your issue!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team