2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 3:39 PM by johnmguice RSS

Slingbox player works fine on iPad, can't connect on any PC, all same wifi network

I looked around and can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem.

I am living overseas in the Philippines and the Slingbox 350 is located in California.

I can connect via my iPad with no problems. However, I can't connect via any computers. I've tried a laptop and 2 desktops, all connected to the same network, some via wifi and some by cable. The error I get is the generic "There was an error connecting to your Slingbox. Please try again." I've tried again many times and still nothing. But if I go on the iPad, it connects through Slingbox Player no problem.

The problem has been intermittent. For a while I noticed that it was hard to make the connection on a computer but it would usually connect after a few tries. Now, it hasn't been able to connect through a computer for the last few days of trying. And again, I still connect fine through the iPad.

I have had the Slingbox unplugged and plugged back in, that didn't help either.