3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 11:50 AM by Zbonomo12 RSS

Solo Network Failed then Won't Start.

Lima778

Hi,

I first had a problem with my Solo a couple of weeks ago, when the network light went off.

Didn't think much of it at the time, as I wasn't using it. However before I could get to sort the problem out, the unit failed altogether.

Totally dead.

The PSU is still supplying the correct voltage!

Does this mean that the reviews are correct and SlingBox are prone to failures frequently, and shouldn't really waste more money on buying something that will burn out again?

• Re: Solo Network Failed then Won't Start.
          callanish Apprentice

I can't address your specific problem, but my solo has been running now for close to 5 years. When I had a similar problem 2 years ago, with the network light going faint and then turning off, a replacement PSU solved the problem. I thought mine was supplying the correct voltage as well, I'd still focus on replacing the PSU just to be sure. Small price to pay for a possible fix.

Maxcats Novice

I learned a few weeks back this is not isolated to Slingbox.

It's not volts its AMPS that you need. My AT&T Router failed - everything powered up and it seemed stable but could not connect to the web.

But the router power supply was faulty - while everything looked OK - it could not supply enough amps to keep the network connection up and stable.

So you may have power for the appearance of everything running OK on your Slingbox, but you may not have enough AMPS power for network stability. It's true of Slingbox, but also true of routers and other products that require high amperage outputs from power supplies.

At my end, lesson learned!

Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello  Lima778,

Thanks for posting to our Forums! I'm sorry for the inconvenience you are having the with Slingbox SOLO and not getting a network light.

In this situation I would first try a power cord replacement, even if the power cord shows as it is working, it could still be the power cord

Below is an article that will assist you in figuring out if your issue is with the Power Supply unit.

Hope this will help!

Best Regards,
              The Sling Media Moderation Team