3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2013 12:29 PM by Zbonomo12 RSS

Slingbox 350 Connecting to Slingprojector wants password

matthewb

I have added a Slingbox 350 and I canm connect from my PC no problem and have set it all up. When I connect to it with my Slingprojector it asks me for a password when connecting to it. I have no idea where this password is comming from and it is not my account password. I am logged in just fine with my account details.

Mat

• Re: Slingbox 350 Connecting to Slingprojector wants password
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you mean the SlingProjector software ?   I think you will find the 350 & 500 are just not compatible with it.  Sling stopped supporting SlingProjector at the same time they stopped the SlingCatcher (you get the same symptom with that device).

matthewb

I mean the Slingcatcher.

That is really disapointintg to hear. I have really liked the idea of these products, but have gone through the Pro and then the HD after the Pro failed, got  a year and then the HD failed too, then to a Solo which the remote does not work, now to the 350 to find it is not compatable with my Slingcatcher.

So my Slingcatcher is now a boatanchor and they have nothing to replace it with. Perhaps I will keep use of the Solo and the 350 can act as the remote. Was great to get the cable on the TV in the other room when we wanted to use it.

Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello matthewb,

Thanks for posting to our Forums! I would like to first apologize that our Slingbox 350/500 do not work with the Sling Catcher.

Now if you liked the Sling catcher and would like to still view the Slingbox on the TV, we have a way for that to be done. To view the new Slingbox 350/500 on the TV you need a third party unit that has our new SlingPlayer for connected Device application

Below is an article that will explain and show you the three connected device.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
                  The Sling Media Moderation Team