5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2010 5:54 PM by gabrielle RSS

Iphone wont hold my password, even after I retype it.

mgreen5033

I have slingbox pro hard wired into my airport extreme. I have no problems on my laptops, but am having trouble on my Iphone. Every time I go to initiate sling on the iphone it tells me my password is wrong. I go to password delete my existing password, and re-type it. When I go to connect it repeats the same error. It does work from time to time,but is hit or miss. This said I never get it without having to delete and retype my password. Is there something I am not doing in order for the slingplayer app on my iphone to work? should I be registering it somewhere? Open to suggestions or help if anyone has experienced this.

• Re: Iphone wont hold my password, even after I retype it.
          eferz Expert

There's actually different types passwords associated using Slingbox Mobile for iPhone.

The first one is associated with the account creditantials for your Slingbox Account.  Your Slingbox account grants access for your Slingbox Locator Service.  That service keeps track for the public IP address, so you don't have to know its address.  This is especially important since most residential ISPs don't assign a static IP address without a premium.  If the password is wrong, the app will respond with, "Invalid Login: The email ID or password you entered is not vaild.  Please try again."

The other one is the admin and guest passwords for the Slingbox itself.  The admin password will allow you to setup slingbox and to force a viewer off.  The guess password will only allow to connect if there is nobody currently connected to the Slingbox. If that password is challenged that window will display, "Invalid Password! The Slingbox password is incorrect.  Try again?".  It will have an edit box for your password, and a slider to toggle between the Admin and Guest Password.

It might be that you a corrupted plist file on the iPhone.  You can delete the app which will also deletes its plist file.  Then go back to the app store to redownload it.  Don't worry, the store keeps a track of your purchases, so you won't have to pay again.

If the problem persists with your Sling Account then try reseting the password, and then trying again on the iPhone.

If the problem persists with your Slingbox Admin & Guest passwords, try using the Slingbox Assistant to reset the Admin and Guess passwords and try again on the iPhone

mgreen5033

eferz,

Thank you for your reply. Your r correct, I get an (Invalid Login) note. I keep trying again, but the same result. When I go to retype my password on the appropriate page it doesnt take. When I go to the page where you can put in the Slingbox ID and reset my password it eventually works. Do you have any idea why this is happening? or how I can fix it?

Mike

eferz Expert

It might be that you a corrupted plist file on the iPhone.  You can  delete the app which will also deletes its plist file.  Then go back to  the app store to redownload it.  Don't worry, the store keeps a track of  your purchases, so you won't have to pay again.

If the  problem persists with your Sling Account then try reseting the password,  and then trying again on the iPhone.

mgreen5033

I did delete the app and restored it. I have not tried changing my password all together.

gabrielle Newbie

Did this problem begin after a change in your admin. password,or have you had this problem on your iphone since your original admin password? I ask this because I had this same problem after an admin. password change.What I did was reset my Slingbox and used the admin. password that worked for my iphone(that did not give me that message previously) in the setup assistant,completed the setup assistant,deleted the app,re-installed the app and the message no longer appeared.That happened to me several months back and I have not seen that message since! Hope this is your solution--it worked for me.Good luck!