4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2013 12:08 PM by Zbonomo12 RSS

What to do with my old Slingbox Pro

dannycbass

I just upgraded and bought a Slingbox 500.  What should or can I do with my old Slingbox Pro?  Is there ant other practical uses for it or should I just chuck it?  I only currently have one set top cable box the 500 will be hooked up to.  What other devices are people using thier old Pro's for?

• Re: What to do with my old Slingbox Pro
          ferguspa Apprentice

Hang on to it for a little bit--make sure the 500 does what you need it to do.

After that, eBay or Craigslist.

• Re: What to do with my old Slingbox Pro
              dannycbass

Good idea, to keep it around for a while just in case. What I would really like to do with it is to hook up to another TV but don't want to pay TWC for another set top box or subscription fees for a DVR.  It would be nice to have another set to log into when I'm on the road so that I don't tie up the main TV.   I dont know if I can use it to stream my cable signal through one of the old cable anolog/digital converters or a VCR/DVD player.  I guess that may work if I run the cable through one of these devices and use the Slingbox Pro to control it and stream.  If that will work probably dont even need a TV at all just run the signal through a device.