1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 11:05 AM by Zbonomo12 RSS

Slingbox 500 loses channels?

loki520

Slingbox 500... works great, most of the time.  I'm overseas in Japan, and we use the slingbox for my daughter in Korea.  It works great... when it works.

The provider we have has basic channels (japanese channels and Armed Forces Network) as well as higher "tier" channels (ESPN, NICOLODEAN, ABC/CBS, etc...).

About every other day, the ability to watch the higher tier channels stops.  We can still view the basic channels, but the system goes black for anything other than those.

Once we reboot the system, full functionality returns... for a couple of days.

What would cause this?

• Re: Slingbox 500 loses channels?
          Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello loki520,

Thanks for posting to our Forums! I Can see how not getting all the channels you are suppose to be getting is upsetting. Now the first thing I would Check is your configuration, If you are running only HDMI, you could be running into HDCP. You could be having issues with the cable box as well, if you are correctly configured and not having HDCP, to check this you can simply hook the cable box directly to the TV and bypass the Slingbox to see if the issue happens on the TV as well.

Below is an article that will assist you in figuring out if you are running into HDCP, also check out the video attached to the link

Hope this will help!

Best Regards,
          The Sling Media Moderation Team