3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 10:33 AM by anthony.sling RSS

DStv in Austria

vanzyl123

Is it possible to watch the South African satellite TV service DStv in Vienna, Austria by using Slingbox?

• Re: DStv in Austria
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey Vanzyl123,

Thank you posting to our forum website! The Slingbox will work will all audio and video devices.

The article below will further explain how the Slingbox works

The only issue that I could see that you might run into is when you configure the inputs. When configuring the inputs, it does ask for the manufacturer and model number of the device that the Slingbox is connected to to control the device. If you are unable to control the device, you could request that someone makes a remote that works for that device. When requesting for a remote to be made, you would post to the link below.

If you have any further questions feel free to give us a call at 1-877-467-5464, 7 days a week, between the hours of 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Hope this helps,

Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: DStv in Austria
              vanzyl123

Thanks a lot, Anthony.

One further question please (from a total newcomer to Slingbox): It would appear to me that the success of using Slingbox will be determined by the bandwidth of the broadband internet connection to be used, i.e. at the source (from the set-top box), the connection to the other country (in my case) as well as at the receiving end.  Which bandwidth would typically be required to enjoy acceptable streaming of a satellite TV service?