5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 7:20 PM by ThoseGuys RSS

Slingbox for ROKU

ACC4638308

Recently I read an article stating that ROKU is one of the most popular streaming devices, I was just wondering if Slingbox can add an app for it? I have two ROKU devices and love them. It would be great to sling media from my AT&T Uverse box to another room without having to pay extra. Just wondering if Slingbox can add an app for ROKU to slove this problem?

• Re: Slingbox for ROKU
          drhenning53 Newbie

Also just got a Roku3 which has been great for accessing things quickly and easy..   Sure would like a Slingbox App so I could watch my TV in my other home on my big screen.. 

chs5056

I'm in grad school and I moved into an apartment and only subscribe to internet (not TV) and I just use my slingbox for TV.  I have a roku and it would be perfect if there was a slingplayer channel for Roku! Please make one!

drhenning53 Newbie

I have used the Sling App for my tablet to display on a bigger screen..  ROKU is OK but I have a feeling that the Slingox App needs more power... I have noticed the Netflix, Amazon, and HULU streaming apps are less sophisticated than on other devices...  Nice thing about ROKU is it's fast...

ThoseGuys

You're kidding right? WDTV has a slingplayer app and it is way way way slower than the roku 3. It's a crying shame that sling has absolutely dragged their feet on getting the player on more devices. I will not buy another slingbox until Roku gets a player, and it has the same type of guide and controls as the mobile apps, not the crippled version you see on the WDTV.

drhenning53 Newbie

With some new devices like the Chromecast, even easier to display from a computer to TV...  The new Kindle Fires coming out this fall will have an display on TV feature that does not require HDMI cable...   But having a ROKU app like there is for almost every other streaming feature would be best...  I guess they have little incentive ....  I'm still using my old Slingbox and it continues to work just fine...