1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 10:52 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

When is 350 Firmware Being Updated?

PeteS1980

I've been having an intermittent issue with my Slingbox 350 being detected as remote on my Western Digital WDTV box (Slingplayer for Connected Devices)  When I called for suport June 16, 2013 I was told it was a known issue and would be fixed when the 350's firmware was updated.  They said it was in the works, but there was no estimate as to when.

Has this happened?  If not, is it still in the works?

I still have the issue with the box being detected as remote in the slingplayer for connected devices software.  I can power cycle the slingbox and it detects it as local once (occasionally twice if I'm lucky) but having to power cycle it every time I want to watch it is getting old after 6 weeks of doing this daily.

If anyone knows anything about this firmware update, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Re: When is 350 Firmware Being Updated?
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello PeteS1980,

Thank you for posting in the Slingbox Answers Forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing connection issues when connecting to your Slingbox 350 via Western Digital TV.

This is an issue with all Connected Devices. Our engineers are currently working on a permanent resolution. We do not yet have an ETA on when there will be a fix. However, as soon as we know when this will be resolved, we will be sure to post it to the forums.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team