3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 2:59 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Slingbox 300 - Communication Problem

ctveng

Hi,

I am having communication issues with my slingbox.  It started a few weeks ago, I am able to ping the unit but I am not able to connect to it using the slingplayer or online.  I also can not telnet into the device.

The only solution is to power cycle the SB300, then it come back up and everything works.

I am trying to determine if it is a networking issue or issue with the SB300.

Hardware Version: 1.5.0
      Firmware Version: 2.1.80
      Firmware Release Date: 11/16/2010

How can I check if updates are needed for the unit?

What can I do to determine what the cause is?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Re: Slingbox 300 - Communication Problem
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ctveng,

Thank you for posting in the Slingbox Answers Forums! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to connect to your Slingbox PRO-HD.

It sounds like you do not have the latest firmware version on your Slingbox. Which is why you are unable to connect to it. The latest firmware version for the SB300 is 2.1.370.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that states this and also how to get the latest firmware version:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

ctveng

Hi,

I have updated to the most current version 2.1.370.  Unfortunatlly the problem is still occuring as the box went down again today.

The IP address is pingable but I am unable to connect without powere cycleing the unit.

Any other actions or troubleshooting techniques I can try to resolve the issue?

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ctveng,

Thank you for responding! I'm sorry to hear that did not resolve the issue.

If power cycling the unit is the only thing that allows it to work for a while, it is most likely an issue with the power supply. Whenever the something goes wrong with the power supply, the first thing it will affect is the network connection. This is usually a cause of the Slingbox not getting enough amperage from the power supply.

Below is a link to where you can purchase a replacement power supply:

Have a great day!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team