9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2014 4:10 PM by TKluzak RSS

Slingbox Solo - Drops frequently

ACC576004

I recently started to have a problem with my Slingbox/Slingcatcher.  I connect to my Slingbox via Slingcatcher, but after a few minutes (around 5) the connection drops and the slingccatcher say "There was a problem connecting to the Slingbox.  Try again..."  I then immediately connect again and everything is fine...for about 5 minutes.  This cycle just goes and goes.  I called my family in the USA to unplug their modem, and slingbox to see if that will help, but nothing...still the same.  I am a bit confused why I will get about 500k streaming, but then it just kicks me out...and is fine when I reconnect.

I know it can't be my Slingcatcher, my internet works, I can project to my tv via Slingprojector with no problem, so my connection here are fine.

Everything was working so great.  Pity.

Anything I can do to get rid of this problem?  I may have to just reset my Slingbox and start all over (when I get home), but is there something else I can do?

• Re: Slingbox Solo - Drops frequently
          beliy7

I started having same issues for about a month now as well

any ideas/help is greatly appreciated

thanks!

Hackeberga

I have exactly the same issue. I had the slingbox reset and reconfigured, but I still experienxce these drops. Sometimes it can work for about 10 minutes, other times it drops continously after just a few seconds. The connection where the slingbox is located (italy) and where I am recieving (sweden) are fine. The redlights on the box look as they should (two permanent red lights plus the third that lights when i tryu to connect.

I configured my router in italy as specified in the instructions.

The problem is that earlier the box was generally streaming properly for longer intervals (between 5-15 minutes) but now it often drops after a few seconds.

What can I do? Help!

Often when trying to reconnect after a drop I get this message "someone else is using the slingbox", which is obviously not the case.

I also noticed that the more frequent drops started at the same time the link to connect via facebook stoarted to appear. I do not know if there can be any connection.

Any help appreciated

Pier

Apprentice

Hi ACC576004 and all,

It seems that all of you are having some issues with the Slingbox SOLO.

I recommend you all to check the following article and follow the included steps:

Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Rich.veronica

I have this same issue on my Sling HD.

It happens when I am viewing from a remote location and it happens when I am watching on the same network via my PC??

Connection drops, when I try to reconnect it says someone else is watching?

Was working for a long time w/ out any issue. I have tried to connect from various locations and after about 10 minutes or so: I get dropped?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

scford

This link takes you to the main support page.  When i searched the link it came back no articles.  Please repost your link to the Troubleshooting Slingbox SOLO streaming and network.

thx

s

TKluzak

This is interesting because I am having the same problem with my Slingbox 350 and find responses from the company less than acceptable. For example, the links above are no good. I wouldn't mind if the connection dropped and I could reset it but it takes about a half hour before I am able to connect again. This seems to be a problem inherent in Slingbox - I wonder if there is some way I could reset it immediately but of course there is no way to find out without paying $30. And it always seems to happen just when they are going to reveal who the murderer is!