4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 8:49 AM by mraphael Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Solo won't power up. Not the power supply

sgtrader

My 16 month slingbox solo will not power up. I checked power supply and it is ok, I'm getting my 5 v out.Calling to slingbox was no use since my warranty up. So I will take it appart , but before I do that I was wandering if anybody had similar problem?Thank you in advance, Sam

• Re: Slingbox Solo won't power up. Not the power supply
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sgtrader,

Thanks for posting in the Slingbox Answers Forum! I'm sorry to hear you are not getting any power to your Slingbox SOLO.

I understand your Slingbox is outside of the one year warranty period. However, we take power issues very seriously. I would recommend contacting Sling Media Support as they may still be able to assist you.

Below is a link to an article that explains how you can contact us:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

sgtrader

So, I called slingbox support one more time and I got responce I new i will get: since it is outside of one year they could do outside of warranty replacement, essentialy to buy a new slingbox! I am so disappointed in quality of slingbox! I had another slingbox before this one - died after 2 years and I got this one - lasted even less. And , unfortunately tech support is not worth much either. Lousy product - Lousy support - Lousy Company! That was my last slingbox

mraphael

I have the same problem.

I posted a message here and some thought it was the power supply.

So I bought one and it just arrived, but when I hooked it up there still is no power.

Like you, this is my second Slingbox with both the same results.

Not even planning to call them and get the same frustrating run around with the offer for a new one!!!

And, now they do not even make the Solo any more I believe.

I agree it is frustrating.  It is a cool device when away but it should last longer than the warranty!!!!

mraphael

I actually did contact Support for a refund on the Power Supply I purchased, and was told that basically they knew of no solution but 'probably the board fried'.  And the vocal tone of the rep was like it is a common occurence and that's they way it is..

One would think the would admit a problem and do something about it.