1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 10:04 PM by tcaradonna RSS

My Setup

tcaradonna Novice

Just for funsies.

I made a trip to visit my Slingbox mission control in Japan recently and cleaned up the big wire and box mess there and earthquake-proof everything.  I'm really happy with the setup now, so I thought I'd share my setup.

Besides the obvious Pro-HD (on top), I use a Toshiba D-TR1 which is a digital tuner and DVR.  I use a 1.5TB Buffalo external hard drive to record all my shows (certified for video streaming on Regza).  In addition I added a pair of 5V Cooler Master USB fans (seen below the Slingbox) that are powered from a small Motorola USB power plug that I bought on Amazon.  I also have a Dell D420 laptop runing windows 7 (these go for about $100 on ebay now), running Logmein free client for remote support, and listens to Wake-On-Lan port.  I can turn on the PC remotely with Wake-On-Lan and shut it down with Logmein.

The rack dimensions were picked specifically for these components.  I also have special pads for the feet that are rated for a 7.2 earthquake (anything stronger, and there are worse problems to deal with than a broken slingbox).

• Re: My Setup
          tcaradonna Novice

You can probably see by the pictures, but everything is secured to the rack with tie-wraps.  Nothing moves.

The only exception is the PC, which I wanted the option of pulling out.  But even that is unnecessary as the height of the shelf allows it to be opened fully and operated from the rack if needed.