2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2010 10:23 PM by eferz RSS

Using ATT U-Verse with my slingbox AV.

giantkingfan10

I have a Slingbox AV and I recently got U-verse.  I have everything working except for remote viewing.  I get to the step where it asks for the routers username and password.  I entered the name and wireless internet key, but that didn't work.  Then I used the password to access my router's homepage, but that didnt work.  So I hit "I do not know my username and password."  After allowing the slingbox to work on my firewall, I still cannot get remote viewing

• Re: Using ATT U-Verse with my slingbox AV.
          giantkingfan10

Also when I try to do a manual setup, my router model is not listed

• Re: Using ATT U-Verse with my slingbox AV.
              eferz Expert

Once you have the Slingbox setup for local viewing, its configuration is pretty much done.  In order to get the remote viewing, your firewall needs to be able to configured to allow public network traffic to it.  The Slingbox uses port 5001 by default, so your router will need to  redirect that traffic to the the Slingbox.  This is typically facilitated by using Port Forwarding.  If your router isn't listed in the Setup Assistant, you can look for directions at http://portforward.com

The Slingbox is also Universal Plug & Play (uPnP) compatible.  If your router is also uPnP compatible then you can allow the Slingbox to communicate and configure router appropriately.  Most routers have this option disable by default, so its a good idea to check if its compatible.