4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2014 11:31 PM by baigahsen1234 RSS

Slingplayer App for Apple TV

scottfata

When are we going to get a slingplayer APP for the Apple TV?  An HD app that utilizes the apple TV remote would be great and would really allow us to "place-shift" our cable where we want (either in the house or elsewhere)...

• Re: Slingplayer App for Apple TV
          baigahsen1234 Newbie

This request is to add app for slingplayer on Apple TV.

1. It will enhance user experience of viewing contents on their large screen TV's. Exisiting Airplay technology is not capable to beaming HD videos accorss on WiFi over to apple tv. There is lot of buffering issue, stability of stream over HQ quality which makes the whole User experince very poor.

Whereas a good example of standalone app on apple tv is of "Watch ESPN" where watching content on apple is soo seamless and easy. One does not face issues described above.

2. Secondly users will have to have their iOS devices with them in order to veiw the content. A standalone sling app on Apple TV will eliminate this drawback and one can watch the content right on their large screen without using their iOS device.

tjdivito

What do we need to do, who do we need to write to in order to make this happen?  I'm tired of my iphone being a 'middleman' where it ties up my phone and drains my battery in record time whenever I can't plug in.  Not to mention AirPlay's lag and glitches

baigahsen1234 Newbie

I tried firing a "New Idea/Request" under sling but it does not allow me too. Contacted Apple regarding this but they said its "Sling" who has to come up with their app on Apple TV.

Some how we need to file a enhance request or idea for above and if enough people are interested in this Sling should stop being loser and address this issue.

baigahsen1234 Newbie

Do we have any possiblity of Adding inbuilt sling app for Apple TV?