Thank you for posting in the Slingbox Answers Forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble adding the Slingbox to your account, via Onscreen Setup.
Password are case sensative. Have you ensured that there are any letters that are not being capitalized when typing in the password. The shift button is an up arrow on the Onscreen keyboard.
Hope this help! Feel free to reply if it does not.
The Sling Moderation Team
I am having this EXACT same problem. Here is what happens:
1. Once you get to the ACCOUNT portion of the setup process, Slingbox 500 asks you have an account or need an account;
2. I choose "Need an Account", as I am a new Slingbox user;
3. I create an account with an e-mail address and password, I check the "I'm over 13 years of age" box, and I check the "Please keep me posted on Sling Media Updates" box...I do NOT check "Hide Password";
4. I click, "Next";
5. When the "CONFIRM EMAIL" box pops up, I click on "Confirm"
6. When I click "Confirm", a progress box pops up saying that Sling is creating the account;
7. Then it says, "Network Error Please Try Again"; this is despite the fact that my home network is fully functional, properly configured, etc. FYI, I am a technologist for a living, so I have no problem verifying that the problem is NOT with my network;
8. When I go back to "Confirm" again, it then tells me, "Email Already Exists: A Sling Account with this e-mail address already exists. Please go bak and choose "Have A Sling Account" to log in, or enter a different e-mail address to create a new account."
9. SO, since the account creation obviously succeeded despite the network error message (hence the "Email Already Exists" error message), I go back to "Have A Sling Account", and try to log in with my e-mail address and password.
10. I receive a new error message, "Login Failed".
I have tried this with two of the e-mail addresses I own, following the exact same sequence. Same results have occurred both times.
When I come here to http://answers.slingbox.com, it asks me to login with my SlingBox account. So I did, and voila, it worked.
However, on the Slingbox 500 that is currently sitting in front of me, I'm still stuck at the "Account" portion of setup, with no idea how to get out of it.
This failure makes me want to throw the SlingBox out a window. Releasing a product that has bugs that fatally affect the basic setup process, or whose supporting servers on the back end do the same, is unacceptable. If people can't even get to the point of using the device for the first time, you have FAILED as a product/service provider.
Please, Sling, tell me someone knows how to address this and can post a useful answer here. And by useful, I do not mean, "I'm sorry you're having a problem, here is the utterly useless first answer from our laminated troubleshooting playbook." Instead, I mean, an answer that ACTUALLY solves the problem.