2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2015 10:51 PM by bretthadley RSS

500 is Frozen

ciccarelli

After regularly using my slingbox 500 without problems, I noted that I could not access it from my iphone.  When I got home, the slingbox power light was on but the network light was off and the Slingbox icon was also off.  I use a wireless connection for the slingbox and confirmed that our wifi was up and running.  I turned on the TV and the Slingobox icon was up but appeared to be frozen.  I used the remote to try to access the slingbox dashboard and see if there was problem, but the tv icon of the slingbox remained frozen.  I turned off the slingbox for 5 minutes and restarted without any change.  I resent the slingbox with the hope i could get things moviing and the power light came on, the slingbox icon, flashed, the network icon flashed and then both went dark and the slingbox icon remained frozen on my tv. 

What steps can i take?  Help.

• Re: 500 is Frozen
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ciccarelli,

Thank you for posting in the Sling Media Answers Forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to your Slingbox 500.

It sounds like the Slingbox did not recover after an automatic update. I would recommend resetting the Slingbox to factory settings. After you do this, your TV will prompt you to run through the setup again. After this is done, you should no longer experience any issue.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that explains how to reset your Slingbox to factory settings:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team