7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2014 1:09 PM by ACC3212119 RSS

Remote stopped working on Comcast DCX3400

bkearns

I have had my Slingbox Solo working successfully for a couple months with a Comcast DCX 3400 DVR.  A couple days ago there seemed to be a delay with the remote on the Slingbox.  I "refocused" the IR blasters. It worked perfectly.  While I was connected a family member changed the channel with the real remote at home, I lost all functionality of my virtual remote except volume control.  I can still see the remote, and we I try a command there is a hiccop on the screen and then broadcast continues.

I tried changing the remote with others from Comcast and Motorola, no luck.

I would appreciate any help.

• Re: Remote stopped working on Comcast DCX3400
          alanrichey42 Master

Sounds like your IR Blasters aren't working properly.  Have you looked at them through a camera ?  There should be a white flash (try looking at a real remote so you know what you are looking for).   Try repositioning them again.   And ignore the fact the Volume is working, it isn't !!    It is simply changing the volume of the player, that code, and the mute code, are never sent to the DVR.

ACC3212119 Newbie

I just recently started experiencing this exact problem with the same cable box remote, except I have the slingbox 350.  Was this ever solved because I need a solution please??

ACC3212119 Newbie

Update:  I saw in this forum that the Motorola DCT-6416 111 could be used as a substitute. I installed and it's working flawlessly. I'm curious though; what other remotes can be used for the DCX-3400 box because we're quickly running out of options. What do I do if/when this one stops working?  And when I ask a few months from now for help please not anyone tell me about the problem being the IR BLASTER.

alanrichey42 Master
                    what other remotes can be used for the DCX-3400 box because we're quickly running out of options. What do I do if/when this one stops working?

It shouldn't happen now unless Sling play around with it.   But it is a pretty standard boxes so there are lots of others if you need them.

ACC3212119 Newbie

Hhhhhmmmmmmm...... So is that to suggest that sling did some "playing around" and that's what caused my remote to mal-function?

alanrichey42 Master

Depends on your definition of 'playing around'   The database manager wants to make sure that all the remotes up to date so he will be continually adding new ones and tweaking them.   For example, some months ago Comcast requested that any box they used should be linked with their remote image.  Sling forgot that many other providers used the same boxes, so after a bit of an outcry that decision was rescinded.   it's quite possible that some other TV provider started using the DCX3400 and asked Sling to make some changes to the remote to accommodate them, thereby screwing up other providers.

ACC3212119 Newbie

Aaaahhhh okay.  Well with that knowledge that could be the only reason my remote just died on me. One day it worked perfectly and then no more.  At least now I know it could never be the IR BLASTER if the problem ever comes back because I'm not using any.  So moving forward the first thing I'm going to do is try a different remote. I'll make that a "note to self"