3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 6:26 PM by andrewc22 RSS

Error Code 3

snowelf

This appears when I try to log into my sling account from the WD Live TV. I recently received the new WD unit and didn’t have a strong enough internet connection to do the firmware upgrades. I was able to log into the slingbox a couple of times. I have recently done the upgrades and now I get an error code of 3 when I try to log in now. Can anyone help, please?

• Re: Error Code 3
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello snowelf,

Thanks for posting in the answers forums! I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to connect to your Slingbox via WD TV.

What model Slingbox is it that you are using? You may not be meeting the bandwidth requirements. This could be to slow of a network speed at the Slingbox location or at the location you are using the WD TV from.

On our support site, you can type in key words to search our support article. If you type in the model Slingbox you have and tech specs after it, you should be able to find the bandwidth requirements for that Slingbox. For example, you can type in Slingbox 350 tech specs, if that is the Slingbox you own.

You can then go to speedtest.net to confirm your network is meeting those requirements. You will need to do this at both locations, unless the first place you test the speed at shows that it does not meet the requirements.

Below is a link to our support site:

Feel free to reply!

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Error Code 3
            andrewc22

Hello, I have the same error code and called SlingBox support for my 350 model and the NeoTv connected device.  The support rep they dont have any fix for this error, and they dont have any ETA?!?!  WHats up with that!